Tuesday 15 January 2019

Statement of Intent


Statement of Intent

The target audience for the product I am advertising are young adults between the ages of 16 and 25. My demographic are living at home still or only just moving out; this suggests that they are only just learning basic life skills such as cooking. They are often busy with studying as well as having part time jobs thus they are the most likely largest demographic for using a take away app. As well as this, 16-25 year olds are highly likely to use apps and online services due to being more technically aware than previous generations.
 Due to my target audience being youths I will take into consideration the fonts, colours and images I use in order to appeal to my audience.

I will use gender neutral colours to appeal to my audience, as my audience has no specific gender- this means greens,blacks, blues and yellows. However, my demographic is more flamboyant than previous generations so I will incorporate bright colours into my advert to appeal to them. As well as this I will use bold, clear font in order to be eye catching and stay within the grounds of gender neutrality. Due to my target audience being so varied, my adverts will be varied also: some of my demographic are straight edge and no nonsense, meaning that some of my advert will reflect this with straight lines,boxes and complimenting colours. Other parts of my audience are bright and wild, meaning that i may incorporate bright colours and strange shapes into my adverts to appeal to them. My advert will have one main tagline and minimal selling lines on it in order to appeal more to my audience due to the fact my target audience are less likely to spend time reading paper- my tag lines will also vary across my adverts to keep the adverts current and up to date. I will include the play store and IoS logo on my adverts because my target audience are constantly in the online sphere and thus would benefit from having an app- which is easier to access and use. 

I will ensure to use positive media representation: my company will be portrayed in a positive light in order to appeal to my audience, as well as my product being portrayed well. Also, my audience will be portrayed and presented in a positive light to ensure there is no offense caused by the images as well as appealing to my demographic. My audience is energetic and socially aware as well as having a large online presence thus my advertisements will reflect that.
To ensure I cause no offense, I must stay within the set ASA rules of advertisement. I have looked into the rules stated on the ASA website. Rules to ensure that my product and company are advertising are not misleading and promote my product are in place. Rules such as not using alcohol in adverts aimed towards children are in place to promote healthy lifestyles and staying within the law. Rules that stop harm or offense from occurring; “Particular care must be taken to avoid causing offense on the grounds of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age”. The adverts must not be misleading and must fit and relate to my product.

My adverts will be published in a regional magazine- which is conflicting with my target audience as the audience of a regional magazine are older people than those in my demographic, regional magazines are there to promote the more picturesque aspects of the region as well as tourist places. People associate themselves with the region they spent the most time in, often partaking in regional identity.
There are many magazine publishers in the UK- the most influential being Current Publishing, publishing magazines such as Current World Archaeology and Military History Monthly.

No comments:

Post a Comment